This is a very special opportunity we have been afforded by the Texas State Parks and Wildlife Dept.
However, this is a State Natural Area. Therefore, if the trails get too wet in the days leading up to the event, we will postpone the event by one week.
If the trails are still deemed too wet by the park staff, we will run the race on the park roads + a crushed gravel trail.
No refunds will be offered if you can't make it to the re-scheduled date (or if we have to switch to the roads), unless we find someone to take your spot AND the event is maxed out.
So if you're worried about it, please keep the race date clear and the following Saturday clear just in case.
If you don't get an extra pre-race email from us, assume everything is on as planned! Assume no news will be good news.
There are only around 200 parking spots on property. So, please carpool so spectators can join you. If the parking lots get full, cars will get turned around and not allowed in.
No parking along the edges of the road.
Please adhere to these policies as we want to continue this event forever, but we will be disallowed to return if this gets out of hand at all.
We need all those running in the morning ("Sun Run") to be off property by late afternoon (4 or 5:00 pm at the latest) to make room for the new round of vehicles coming in.
We need all those running the evening ("Moon Run") to not show up until late afternoon (around 4 or 5:00pm).
Thanks for being awesome and making this event awesome!