To compete in the Championship you must be ...
1) a US Citizen
2) a USA Track & Field Member
3) registered for Bandera 100km or Rocky Raccoon 100mi
What you need to do...
1) Reg for Bandera 100km or Rocky Raccoon 100mi
2) Join USA Track & Field
Even if you are signed up for multiple years - you are assigned a new number every year. You get a 2014 number after Nov 1st.
3) Email your number to
A few things you should know...
1) We prefer you register in advance for the race
... but you can sign up on race day
2) We prefer you get a USATF number in advance
... but you can get it on race day
3) All Championship runners must wear an age-category bib on their back.
... We will provide it. ex: MO, FO, M45, F55.
4) You are eligible for all the race awards
... Finisher's award, Top 5 & masters awards, USATF medal, & cash
5) if you are NOT in the Championship
... You are eligible for Finisher's medal & Top 5 & masters awards
6) The Cash Awards are only for the Championship
... 1st, 2nd, 3rd place M&F & 1st Master M&F
7) The 100km/100mi-Championships & 100km/100mi-non-Championship will have two separate sets of numbers
... 1-99 (Championship)
... 100-299 (non-Championship)
8) USATF awards each gender in the following way
... Top 10, then Masters in 5 yr groups starting at 40-44.
... Masters who finish top 10 are eligible for both.
9) Athletes who participate in this competition may be subject to formal drug testing in accordance with USATF and IAAF rules, in accordance with USOC, USADA, or IAAF procedures. Athletes found, after a disciplinary hearing, to be positive for prohibited substances, as defined by the WADA Code and/or IAAF, or who refuse to be tested, will be disqualified from this event and may lose eligibility for future competitions. Any prize money payable to an athlete who has tested positive shall be withheld until the final disposition of all disciplinary proceedings. BEWARE: Some prescriptions, over the counter medications, and nutritional supplements may contain prohibited substances. Information regarding drugs and drug testing may be obtained by calling the USADA Reference Hotline at 1-800-233-0393, or www.usantidoping.org.
USATF recommendation concerning Pacers/Safety-Runners: Safety runners may be designated, identified, and used in sections of the course where the Games Committee or race director deems it unsafe for a competitor to run alone or without a means to communicate with race management. Except for hands-on medical examination or in designated aid areas, a safety runner must remain behind the competing athlete at an interval of the lesser of 5 seconds or 10 meters. Verbal or other pacing, conveying advice, exchanging supplies, or providing non-safety related assistance will be considered assistance under Rule 144 and the athlete may be disqualified by the Referee.
Bandera - : 2014 USA 100km Trail Championships
Rocky Raccoon - : 2014 USA 100 Mile Trail Championships